...I've learned that:
someone else is taking much better pictures of Rio than I am. This competitor came in quite handy because I lost the cable to download pictures from my camera. So, by all means, check out this blog...;
the "guy" in the supermarket altar is not Christ (as I described in a previous post), but a saint who is the patron of Rio, São Sebastião (for the Rio reference, read the portion on patronage);
peeing on the streets is not a carioca phenomenon. It goes on in many other cities, including São Paulo (see the comment on the post on peeing, in Portuguese), and other countries, including U.S.A. and European countries;
women are peeing on the streets of Lapa, in Rio (alas, I have only a hard copy of the article). So apparently Rio is still beating everyone else with their unique audacity of peeing!
Thanks for the comments and for being such a super qualified audience!
Big hugs to all of you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
this reminded me of an incident a couple of years ago when i witnessed a screaming match in my brooklyn neighborhood between a woman and a guy peeing on the sidewalk against a building's wall (not even a tree). the woman was so disgusted and loud!
Post a Comment